Social Support Groups for People who wants to share their Health Experiences
"Unless Life is Lived for Others, it is not Worthwhile" - Mother Teresa
Indian Patient Foundation is a health based social network of people sharing their disease experiences, treatment options, knowledge and giving support to other people suffering from similar health problems. Its a place to talk about how to live well with disease, ask questions, share information about what is working for you, get sympathy, exchange ideas, request and recommend the best doctors, support and friendship from other patients suffering from the same disease. You can also talk about what drugs, herbs, supplements and alternative methods work. By sharing your health experiences, you can help others and improve their quality of life. Indian Patient Foundation Support Groups help you to overcome the health problem by networking with people all around the world who have a similar health problem. Even volunteers, caregivers and medical professionals can join and throw a helpful advice and cheer up a fellow human being. Indian Patient Foundation is just a hub connecting people from all around the world to share their health experiences and seek help.
Image : Logo of Indian Patient Foundation
Indian Patient Foundation is founded & funded by Dr. Subrahmanyam Karuturi, MD., Assistant Professor of Medicine, GSL Medical College & General Hospital, Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India. "When I realized that the information a patient had built up from his experience could help similar patients, I started Indian Patient Foundation: to help as many patients as I possibly could and share the information other similar patients learned with them. But I knew there were tons of patients around the world who had gone through their own journeys and had extremely valuable health information to share themselves. And by sharing it, they could help similar patients. Indian Patient Foundation makes it possible for patients around the world to share and learn from one another. I believe strongly in the power of connecting people. I think that when motivated people are connected, greatness is produced. If we've done our job right with Indian Patient Foundation, the interface itself should fade into the background, and the relationships on the website should shine. " - Dr. Subrahmanyam Karuturi,MD., Founder of IPF.
Indian Patient Foundation is an ambitious project with only one goal: to build a patient-centered health information sharing network for people with similar health problems. We visualize a world in which every patient can instantly tap into the health knowledge and disease experiences of every other, so that every patient can learn how well treatments have worked for others, whether they are allopathy, alternative, experimental, or prescription.
People with diseases walk around generating an incredible amount of data about their health every second of every day, but we just let that data disappear. We don't know how well most treatments actually work in the wild. Indian Patient Foundation allows patients to collaborate, share health and treatment information with each other, and track and share their health. Patients learn from each other's experiences in a massively scalable way. This turns the traditional medical model on it's head. We think this is a better model for healthcare.
Social support includes emotional support such as love, trust, and understanding, as well as advice and concrete help, such as help managing your time. Your family, friends, and Indian Patient Foundation community all can do this. They can make you feel cared about and feel good about yourself, and can give you hope.
Ask yourself where you get your social support. You may be able to forge a closer relationship with family members or friends. Maybe you know someone who you'd like to know better. By joining Indian Patient Foundation, you can find a group of people with the similar health experiences you have. You may get social support by making friends at Indian Patient Foundation.
Our Mission : Indian Patient Foundation provides a platform for its members to network and help each other to achieve a better health and a quality life.
Advantages of joining a Support Group
At Indian Patient Foundation you can
- Find & make friendship with people who have similar health problems
- Share your Health Experiences
- Know about the latest research regarding your disease and treatment options
- Get advice from people suffering from a similar health problem
- Join 800+ support groups
- Find people who have similar interests and hobbies
- Learn from others how they are coping up with your disease condition
- Give mental support to other people
- Family and Friends of the diseased can also join and know others experiences
- You can recommend doctors
- Latest news of the concerned disease is available in the respective group
- You can share your photos and videos with other members
- You can write your disease experiences
- You can join Indian Patient Foundation as a anonymous member and keep your identity private
- Share your story with others
- Join a Support Group and you can network with people all around the world who suffer from your health problem
- Make new friends and share your progress with the treatment options
- You can exchange private messages with other members
- You can get email updates of your activity on Indian Patient Foundation
Spread the Word
The more people use Indian Patient Foundation - the better it gets. You can spread the word about Indian Patient Foundation and improve the quality of lives of numerous people.
- Please invite your family and friends
- Please give a word-of-mouth publicity about Indian Patient Foundation. Tell people about how Indian Patient Foundation can change their lives.
- If you have a website or a profile on Myspace, Facebook, Orkut or any web page, please link to Indian Patient Foundation and make it easy for people to find it. You can find the badges here.
- If you run a blog, please write about Indian Patient Foundation
- If you are a member of an internet forum, please do tell others about this website. You can also add a forum signature with a link to Indian Patient Foundation
- You can add an email signature linking to Indian Patient Foundation
- If you are from press, please write an article about Indian Patient Foundation so that more people can be befitted from this website.
Please feel free to drop your feedback.
Connecting with another patient online that has been spending their life going through the same disease as you is extremely empowering. You get to swap your disease experiences. You get to tell each other about the crazy treatments you've tried; the crazy symptoms or drug reactions you've experienced; the crazy social situations you've encountered. What you start to get is validation. You get validation that all of the crazy things that you've been going through aren't crazy at all. You learn that you are not alone. This validation is empowering. It translates into confidence. It translates into friendship with other patients. You don't feel like an isolated victim. Your spirits rise with this newfound sense of community. And you begin to realize that the most valuable resource available to you in your care is in Indian Patient Foundation: your fellow patients.
Can you imagine a world where every patient is instantly connected with every other similar patient? Where the treatments that work (whether allopathy, alternative or in between) surface from the collective intelligence of patients distributed throughout the world? The causes, cures, and treatments we can discover from the symphony of patient experiences going on in real-time throughout the world, to Indian Patient Foundation, is a mind blowing proposition.
Let the patient revolution begin.
By joining Indian Patient Foundation, you can write a new chapter in your Health Life. Join Now!